Ronel Talks Money: Global Real Estate Investment
It is possible to invest in real estate globally and you do not need lots of money. In this Ronel Talks Money interview, Hennie Bezuidenhoudt, chairman and co-founder of Orbvest tells us more. Hennie Bezuidenhoudt is the Chief Executive Officer and Director of the Benchmark Group, with more than 22 years of experience in real estate. In 1993, Hennie invested in his first healthcare facility and took over its management. He co-founded the establishment of a premier global real estate investment group and later OrbVest.
A few of the questions we answer in this interview:
- Tell us more about Orbvest and what you do?
- Post-covid – is investing in property still a good investment?
- How would investing in this investment opportunity differ from investing in physical property, REITs or property shares in SA?
- What are the pros and cons?
- What are the risks involved? How do you mitigate the risks involved?
- What are the types of returns investors can expect and when?
- The weakening / strengthening of the Rand and your investment in USD?
- Update on latest exchange control regulations?
- What are the other costs investors should consider?
- What are the tax implications?
- What is the minimum investment requirement?
- For somebody interested to start building a global property portfolio – where to start?
- Assurance for investors they deal with a legitimate and reputable company?