Ronel Talks Money: Cash Flow Positive Property Investing
In this Ronel Talks Money show we discuss cash flow positive property with Michael Bowen. Michael is a seasoned expert in cash-flow-positive real estate investing, a property professional, an energizing businessman, and an inspirational speaker and coach. He is also the founder of ZAHomes and AirStays.
A few of the questions we answer in this interview:
- Tell us a bit about yourself and where did your interest in property start?
- Tell us more about ZAHomes and what you do?
- You also founded AirStays. Tell us more about it.
- Considering we went through a pandemic, the economic and political challenges we face in South Africa – is property investing still a good investment?
- Airbnb and Multi-lets/Student accommodation – are these still viable options knowing that lockdown changed certain dynamics – remote / online, less traveling for business etc.?
- What should an investor interested in multi-lets know before they go this route?
- Cashflow-positive versus equity positive – what is the difference and how does an investor achieve that?
- What are the key financial indicators that property investors should consider?
- Investing in personal name versus company – pros and cons?
- Funding / money is often the biggest challenge or perceived challenge for potential investors. How easy is it to get funding and what tips do you have for investors?
- How would an investor know whether a property deal is legitimate or not?
- Tips for somebody who wants to start building an investment property portfolio.
Recent ‘Ronel Talks Money’ interview: Buying and Selling Property
Related online course: Master Investments 101