Ronel Talks Money: Investing in Property
In this Ronel Talks Money show we discuss investing in property (physical property). Andrew Walker is a property veteran and the CEO of SA Property Investors Network. Andrew has personally been involved in more than 600 property transactions, both in South Africa and the UK where he assisted other investors in building their property portfolio. SA Property Investors Network aims to educate, add value and grow the network of the private property investors across South Africa.
A few of the questions we answer in this interview:
- Tell us more about SA Property Investors Network and what you do?
- Is investing in physical property in South Africa still a good investment option?
- What are the pros and cons? How do you mitigate the risks involved?
- What are the types of returns investors can expect and when?
- What are the other costs investors should consider?
- What are the tax implications?
- Please explain positive versus negative cash flow?
- Apart from calculating the Return on Investment (ROI), what other calculations or ratios should be considered?
- Let us talk about financing and affordability? Is a good credit record required?
- Please explain property flipping versus long-term investment (buy-to-let)?
- How and when would location be important?
- Buying property in your private name versus in a company?
- Tips for somebody who wants to start building a property portfolio?
Recent ‘Ronel Talks Money’ interview: Money Market Funds
Related online course: Master Investments 101