Ronel Talks Money: Financial Planning
We explore the world of financial planning. The CEO of the Financial Planning Institute, Lelane Bezuidenhout is telling us more about the role of financial planners and how you can benefit from it.
A few of the questions we answer in this interview:
- Tell us about the role of the Financial Planning Institute
- Financial Planner vs financial advisor vs broker – is there any difference?
- What are the advantages of having a financial planner?
- What are the qualities of a good financial planner?
- What is the scope that a typical financial planner can assist a client with?
- Where to find an independent financial planner?
- How do you know you are dealing with a reputable and authorised financial planner?
- If you are not happy with your financial planner or the advice given, what options do you have?
- The debate on the remuneration structure for financial planners – commission versus fee based?
- What are the costs involved when dealing with a financial planner?
- What is the process to become a certified financial planner?
- What are the requirements for a financial planner to keep up-to-date with the latest changes in legislation, tax, products etc.?
- Financial education of the public.