Ronel Talks Money: Investing in Shares
In this Ronel Talks Money show we learn all about investing in shares from CEO and Founder of EasyEquities, Charles Savage. Do you need a lot of money to invest in shares? What is the difference between investing and trading in shares? Tips to become a successful share investor.
A few of the questions we answer in this interview:
- 2020 was the year of the worldwide Covid-19 pandemic – how did you experience the past year from both a personal and a business point of view?
- What advice can you give to people who have lost their jobs or experienced a reduction in income?
- One of your career highlights was the successful turnaround of McCarthy after it was declared insolvent in 2001. What advice can you give to businesses that are currently struggling and having to fight hard to survive and recover?
- Taking into account the recent dramatic changes in our business environment, what in your view will be the top critical success factors going forward?
- You are one of the most respected leaders in South Africa. Do you believe top leaders are born with leadership qualities or can good leaders be developed?
- Please share with us briefly the most important leadership lessons you have learnt during your career spanning 48 years in business.
- How would you describe the quality and effectiveness of leadership in South Africa today?
- You retired as CEO of McCarthy and executive director of Bidvest ten years ago at age 63 – what did you do over the past 10 years?
- Would you mind sharing with us how you approached the financial component of your retirement? Do you have a specific investment philosophy?
- You have achieved so many significant highlights in your life. Are there more items on your bucket list that you would like to tick?
- What makes Brand Pretorius happy and content?
- One year into the pandemic and probably in the toughest time ever on an emotional, financial, and physical level for many people. What would your message be to people watching this – how do we get up and thrive again?
To open your account with EasyEquities – click below